Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Broken Pieces of my Heart


Softly dancing, a shadow of love
Awakening fear, pain and desire
My heart is broken, beating off key
Cracks, scars, tears and tears

Repairing and healing, but breaking at once
Gold dust, scattering like rain
Mending the pieces, that seem to hold
with particles of sand

Jagged, golden, beautiful edges
Reflecting the light
Every crack a memory
A moment, that was meaningful, beautiful and true
A moment, when the world seemed to come crashing
Crushing trivial concerns
Falling to the ground, gasping for air
Wanting nothing more than one moment, one breadth
Another second in this body I possess

Returning to the present
The silence is deafening
Realizing I’m alive and here
Taking one step, withholding my fear
The next one could be my last
But I move on
Blood spilling from my heart
Messy and black
Holding my hand to my chest
I try once again
“I love you”

No comments:

Post a Comment