Tuesday, March 20, 2018

No Time for Dancing

The Music was all around me
but I forgot to listen

Years of sacrifice, planning and preparation
for the moment when my life would be complete
Every Box checked, The To-Do List Finished
and the balance sheet adding up to zero

But every year something didn't add up
There were losses I couldn't see
Things slipping away
Like time between the pages
of reports and receipts

Not knowing why
the numbers didn't seem to work
I go outside to clear my head
and try to think

The glaring Sun
shines in my eyes
I squint to look and see
What is around me

People dancing... How Strange!
Children doing cartwheels... How Bizarre!
A dog galloping through the water, his mouth agape... Stupid Animals, I shrug

Ah!  I Remember Now!
I forgot the Groceries!

1 comment:

  1. AH yes - getting caught up in the "needfuls" we can often overlook what is beautiful before us... I excel at that - Nicely written. made me giggle

    ReplyDelete