Friday, April 6, 2018

Shiny Objects

This object is so shiny
beautiful, and rare
so delicate
and costly

I should want this
This should be what I want
If I have this, I will have more
More is better

I don't feel good
I feel sick
I should feel better
Find something to make me feel better

This person annoys me
I don't like this person
They don't make me feel good
Stop talking person

What a bizarre feeling
to recognize your own selfishness
To realize you've driven all the way
to the promised land

To only find a broken down
Theme park
A useless parade
of worn out machinery

My ego thinks it is grand
Thinks of itself as a great hero
Someone who has done so much
For the service of others

But in the end only cares
If it make him feel good
If he will be recognized
If he will be admired

The river of the eternal
is flowing beneath
but it has only begun
to wash me clean

To truly let go
of petty concerns
and serve my true purpose
The connection with eternal Love.



1 comment: