Monday, April 30, 2018

Song of the Valley

He Soul shines with Love
Love has many forms
Tears, Scars, Joy and Creation
Just to name a few
Thoughts often block
True Love
Jumping into the
crashing waves
My thoughts
are cleansed
Love whispers
It does not shout
Allowing space
for me to scream
and love responds 
softly
All is well
Be at peace my Dear
Covering my wounds
I am delirious
from changing winds
My reflection ripples
as the illusion breaks
But I have been here before
and will return again

The unspoken truth within
My fickle heart forgetting so easily
Seeking easy answers
simple solutions
But looking at flowers
on TV
is not the same
As growing them yourself

Releasing control
of time, change and the future
whispering back to my forgotten Love
Ancient source of all
Beneath the gravel
Lies the deep 
My tears seep through the dirt

Connecting with the wisdom
Beneath
Beneath the winds, the snow, the rain
the hurricanes, the storms, and the floods

Shining like diamonds in all I see
The pillars of virtue rising above the 
rats and mice

Echoing in the valley
you can hear her 
soft melody
of dreams and peace




Inspired by NaPoWriMo Poetry Prompt #18
Find a poem in a book or magazine (ideally one you are not familiar with). Use a piece of paper to cover over everything but the last line. Now write a line of your own that completes the thought of that single line you can see, or otherwise responds to it. Now move your piece of paper up to uncover the second-to-last line of your source poem, and write the second line of your new poem to complete/respond to this second-to-last line. Keep going, uncovering and writing, until you get to the first line of your source poem, which you will complete/respond to as the last line of your new poem. 

I used "Tissiacks Tear" by John Muir
https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/tissiacks_tears_904017



1 comment: