Monday, April 30, 2018

Susan

My Guitar
my blood stains in the opening 
for sound
the body is warm and soft
the soothing smell of seasoned wood

My old friend 
She been with me for many years

I once had another
This one is my second
but first loves are often naive
This one has stood the test of time
enduring many hours of 
picking and strumming and tapping
even though
she is cracked ever so slightly
a crack that worried me 
at first
but has caused no harm

Many years of love
happiness and joy
holding her against me
comforting me 
when I want to cry 
but can't find the tears
bringing me joy 
when I'm too shy 
to express it
a song gives me courage

Most Importantly
strange moments
I can't define
the music embraces the mystery

Susan
my love
my friend
we go along
another adventure
into the unknown

1 comment: